Bernard graduated from University College London, University of London with a Bachelor of Laws (Second Upper Class Honours) and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2020.
Bernard is part of the firm’s litigation and arbitration department. He has handled a variety of corporate and commercial matters in the Supreme Court of Singapore including shareholder disputes and insolvency proceedings.
Some of the matters which Bernard has been involved in include:
- Assisting in acting for a prominent commercial landlord in their claim for approximately S$41m in the restructuring of the Hyflux Group.
- Assisting in acting for a UK based professional football club in their recovery of a US$4m debt from an online sports betting company.
- Assisting in acting for a commercial landlord in defending a S$5m contractual claim in the High Court brought by a furniture company in Singapore.
- Assisting in acting for a leading commodity trader in the Oil and Gas sector in a contractual claim against a prominent oil trading company in Singapore.
- Assisting in acting for a high net worth individual in a shareholder dispute in the High Court involving a prestigious social club in Singapore.
- Assisting in acting for a high net worth individual in a High Court dispute involving a group of companies in the textiles trade owned by a prominent Chinese family in Singapore.