Qin En graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2020 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2021.
Qin En is part of the firm’s litigation and dispute resolution department. Her experience in civil and commercial dispute resolution includes fraudulent trading claims, misrepresentation, insolvency, and defamation.
Some of the matters which Qin En has been involved in include:
- Acted for a company’s appeal to the Appellate Division for a fraudulent trading claim under s340 of the Companies Act.
- Acted for the liquidator of a company in liquidation in an originating application to the General Division of the High Court for an order allowing the liquidator to enter into a funding agreement.
- Assisted in a High Court trial for a misrepresentation and conspiracy claim.
- Acted for a company in an arbitration in the Asian International Arbitration Centre.
- Assisted in a personal insolvency matter under the Insolvency, Restructuring and Dissolution Act 2018 to resist an application to set aside a statutory demand.
- Assisted in a multimillion-dollar suit commenced by liquidators of an insolvent real estate developer against the company’s former directors and employees for breach of fiduciary duties.
- Assisted in a High Court suit to resist the enforcement of two arbitration awards under the International Arbitration Act.