Daniel graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2017 with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Second Upper Division, and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2018.
Daniel is part of the firm’s litigation and arbitration department. He has handled complex matters before both the High Court and the Court of Appeal of Singapore ranging from high-value property disputes to disputes involving the boards of listed companies.
He has also handled various infrastructure, construction, and engineering disputes, including complex multi-million dollar claims where expert witnesses’ analysis on extension of time entitlements were considered.
He is well versed in adjudication proceedings under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (Cap 30B).
Some of the matters which Daniel has been involved in include:
- Acted for the applicant in Law Chau Loon v Alphire Group Pte Ltd  SGHC 275 and the respondent in Alphire Group Pte Ltd v Law Chau Loon  SGCA 50, and obtained specific performance of a settlement agreement which compromised a judgment debt of S$3.5m for S$1.4m;
- Acted for the defendants in disputes over ownership of an S$8m conservation shop-house in Singapore’s Central Business District;
- Acted for the respondent in Red Star Marine Consultants Pte Ltd v Personal Representatives of Satwant Kaur d/o Sadara Singh, deceased  1 SLR 115, in a dispute involving a novel question on the rules of attribution of corporate officers’ acts to corporate entities;
- Acted for claimant M&E subcontractor in a S$22m SOP adjudication involving expert analysis of delays and close to 1000 pages of extension of time notifications, site reports, and other documentation;
- Acted for claimant M&E subcontractor in S$14.9m SOP adjudication claiming prolongation costs and involving expert analysis of delays and over 3000 pages of extension of time notifications and other documentation;
- Acted for claimant main contractor in S$1.0m SOP adjudication claiming over $500k in variation works involving tunneling and pipelaying;
- Acted for Defendants in their application for stay in favour of foreign proceedings in dispute involving an investment agreement between Malaysian and Singaporean parties.