Jaime Lye graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2015 with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court in 2016.
Having grown up as a competitive athlete, Jaime brings to the table the same level of commitment, competitiveness and preparation in helping clients find effective legal solutions for a wide variety of legal matters.
Jaime’s primary area of practice is in litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution. She has acted and assisted in litigation at all levels of Singapore’s courts.
She has been involved in handling a range of contentious matters involving breaches of directors’ duties, shareholder disputes, tenancy disputes, employment disputes, management corporation disputes, insolvency and contentious probate proceedings.
Some of the matters which Jaime has been involved in include:
- Acting for various shareholders of a Singapore property development company in respect of a minority oppression claim in the High Court;
- Acting for directors and employees in a pharmaceutical company in defence of a High Court claim for breach of fiduciary duties, inducement and conspiracy;
- Acting for various MCSTs in their defence from subsidiary proprietors for breach of duty and breach of the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act;
- Acted in the defence of a High Court claim in relation to allegations of fraud, knowing receipt and unjust enrichment involving multiple defendants. The Plaintiff’s claim was dismissed by the High Court;
- Acting for a Plaintiff in a contractual dispute where matter proceeded for a full hearing/ trial. Full damages and costs on indemnity basis were awarded to the Plaintiff;
- Acted for a Chinese patron in defence of a S$10 million claim by a local casino operator. The default judgment initially obtained by the casino was successfully set aside;
- Acting for an Australian casino group in a S$43 million claim against a Singaporean patron;
- Acted in defence of a High Court claim in relation to allegations of fraudulent misrepresentation concerning the sale and purchase of various Southeast Asian artworks;
- Acting in defence of a High Court claim in relation to the disputed beneficial ownership of a property worth over S$8 million;
- Acting for executor of an estate in defence of a claim by beneficiaries for revocation of Grant of Probate and nullification of the Will;
- Acted for beneficiaries of an estate valued at S$5 million to compel executors to distribute assets;
- Acting for shareholders of a Sarawak timber business conglomerate where a winding-up petition filed against related Singapore companies in the High Court was successfully dismissed: Ma Wai Fong Kathryn v Trillion Investment Pte Ltd and other matters  SGHC 88;
- Acting for liquidators of a major Singapore realty firm in respect of claims by creditors: MWA Capital Pte Ltd v Ivy Lee Realty Pte Ltd (In Liquidation)  SGHC 216;
- Representing various contractors who were charged as Occupiers under Section 11 of the Workplace Safety and Health Act;
- Representing various contractors who were charged as Employers under Section 12 of the Workplace Safety and Health Act;
- Advising US insurer setting up a Singapore branch on insurance terms for professional indemnity and general insurance policies.