Shirlene graduated from the Singapore Management University in 2017 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2018.
Shirlene is part of the firm's litigation department. She has handled matters before both the High Court and State Courts of Singapore in the following areas: shareholders' dispute, employment disputes, white-collar crime, performance bonds and other insurance-related claims.
Some of the matters which Shirlene has been involved in include:
- Assisted in successfully obtaining an injunction from the High Court against a rival company incorporated by an ex-employee.
- Assisted in the conduct of a Magistrate's Appeal against the sentence imposed by the district judge on an accused who was charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act. The sentence was reduced by more than half on appeal: Gan Chai Bee Anne v Public Prosecutor  4 SLR 838
- Assisted with a claim by a litigation trustee of the litigation trust of an insolvent Canadian-listed company in a claim for approximately US $600 million against the company’s valuers for negligence and breach of contract.
- Assisted with defending a claim against a director of a rubber processing company in relation to a claim on a guarantee over a corporate loan of US $2 million. On appeal, the High Court judge’s decision was set aside: Kam Thai Leong Dennis v Asian Infrastructure Ltd  SGCA 87
- Acted for a company and successfully claiming against its ex-director for unsubstantiated use of company funds.
- Acted for the Vice President of a tech company providing healthcare information in an employment claim against the company.
- Advised shareholders on departure from company where the agreements do not contemplate a shareholder’s departure.
- Advised Singapore’s leading tech company in relation to non-compete and non-solicitation issues in relation to its ex-employees.
- Advised Singapore’s leading tech company in relation to breach of its trademark.
- Advised one of Singapore’s leading telecommunications company in relation to personal injury claims against it.
- Acted for one of Singapore’s leading telecommunications company in relation to striking out a claim arising from disputes over fees paid.
- Acting for parties and a principal player to a claim for the sum of US $1.32 million and striking out a substantial part of the claim.
- Acting for judicial managers of Hyflux Ltd, a company with assets in Singapore and other jurisdictions.
- Acting for shareholders in an arbitration regarding a shareholders’ dispute to prevent the sale of shares in the company.
- Acting for a judgment creditor in enforcing an Order of Court against the judgment debtor’s foreign-traded securities.